Sunday, October 12, 2008

MTI and beyond!

So, I meant to have written this a while back, but things got pretty crazy busy, pretty fast and they just now are calming down for a few days at least. MTI continued to be intense and draining, but the good kind. We learned a lot about just our personalities and tendencies, becoming more aware of how we may respond to things on the field, such as conflict and stress. More than just being aware, we learned how we can better handle these situations and deal with them in a healthy and Biblical way. It was a time full of amazing teachings, challenging lessons to learn and incredible, bonding relationships. I will definitely treasure the things I learned during this time, as I believe they will prove extremely helpful on the field.
My departure is nearing! And its becoming more and more real, which has left a little bit of a bittersweet taste in my mouth. I feel like I've waited a long time to go into full time missions and it is finally in God's timing for me to do so. But along with that comes the realization that I will be away from my family, friends and home. And even more than that, people's lives are going to go on even when I'm not around. I know that's kind of a self-centered realization but, hey, aren't we all, to some degree? Overall, I know that it will be super hard to miss out on what is going on at home, but I also know that God has called me to Costa Rica for this time and for His purpose and there is no other place I'd rather be than in God's prime placement.
As I get ready to head off this upcoming Saturday, I would very much appreciate your prayers in a few specific areas: support- I'm still in need of funds. I have my plane ticket and everything prepared to leave Saturday, so I'm trusting God that He'll bring in the money needed. Also, Krysta and I are looking for somewhere to live, at least up until January. We have a few options, but we still don't have anything set yet. Lastly, please pray for the transition of moving, living in a new place and starting language school there. Well, I'll be writing and I hope you'll continue to read and write, as well. Because, although I will not be as physically present in everyone's life on a day to day basis, I'm planning on being very present in EVERY other way. So, we'll be in communication, yes? Yes! =)

*below are pictures from our time in MTI- Palmer Lake, CO*



The view driving on our way up to Pike's Peak


Krysta, Erika and I froze while jumping for joy on top of Pike's Peak


A double rainbow we witnessed from the balcony at MTI


Garden of the gods- outside of Colorado Springs


Beautiful Colorado skies



Our amazing SPLICE group roasting marshmallows around the fire our last night together


Up and coming SI staff in our SPLICE program. (l-r): Aaron and Rachel Kelly- Guatemala, me and Krysta- Costa Rica, Heather Pasma- Guatemala, Caroline and Ryan Holloway- Dominican Republic--- all SUPER COOL people!!!

1 comment:

  1. you will be missed dear friend. was talking to mr scott moore today in line to get our caps and gowns! and he was telling me about his two week trip to costa rica for less than $1000... im going visit you. i have to. thats that.

    ReplyDelete